About Glenrock, WY
Glenrock is a vibrant, growing, and caring community.
Welcome to Glenrock, WY, located in Central Wyoming, at the foothills of the Rocky Mountains, nestled along the confluence of the North Platte River and the Deer Creek Tributary Systems.
Glenrock, oringnally known as Deer Creek Station, had it’s beginnings as a mail and stage station long the Oregon and Pony Express Trails.
The station served as a relay and eating place and was a vital supply point for thousands of emigrants as they traveled westward. Deer Creek flow into the North Platte River just to the north of town.
Located in Converse county, Glenrock is a friendly and welcoming hometown community. We have several amenities of a metro area and what we don’t have is within short 20 minute drives to Casper, Natrona County (the 2nd largest metropolitan area in the state of Wyoming) or Douglas, along I-25. Both Converse and Natrona Counties have diverse outdoor recreation opportunities and a host of indoor recreation opportunities. From hunting & fishing, golf, theater, fantastic shopping and wonderful dining, Glenrock is in the center of it all!
Building Bridges to a Successful Future
We are proud of our four schools:
- Glenrock Rural School – Tucked away up on Boxelder Canyon Road, this throwback, quaint little country school offers an education to our rural students K-8th grade.
- Grant Elementary School – Students engage in rich and balanced learning experiences that target academic success in preparation for intermediate/middle school.
- Glenrock Intermediate Middle School – Lifelong learners are created in a safe and respectful learning environment where parents, staff and students work together to help each child succeed personally and academically.
- Glenrock Junior Senior High School – Students are prepared for a responsible role in society in an environment that provides a quality education, a safe caring environment, and an understanding of the value of hard work and ethical behavior.
- Cheyenne, WY: 155 mi
- Rapid City, SD: 231 mi
- Salt Lake City, UT: 423 mi
- Denver, CO: 254 mi
- Boise, ID: 729 mi
- Billings, MT: 300 mi
- Jackson Hole, WY: 308 mi
- Omaha, NE: 656 mi
- Las Vegas, NV: 827 mi
The Glenrock- Converse County area enjoys a centralized location in the Beautiful State of Wyoming. Our centralized location allows for access to worldwide markets:
- Through Wyoming’s only International Airport (Casper, which is also part of a Foreign Trade Zone).
- Enhanced I-25 Routes.
- Enhanced rail yard routes and services of BNSF and Union Pacific.
- A Trans-Load Facility.
Demographics are provided by the Census Reporter Project. The closest cities are Douglas is just 22 miles to the South along I-25 and Casper is 18 miles to the North along I-25 from Glenrock.
- 2,914 (2021) Glenrock
- 93,303(2021) Converse & Natrona Counties Combined
Experience Something New In Glenrock, WY Exploring Our Many Indoor & Outdoor Activities
You don’t have to stay cooped up inside when it’s raining. If you’re looking for fun indoor activities for your family, Elevate Glenrock can help. We’re proud to bring the Glenrock, WY area together and can point you to all kinds of local attractions, such as…
- The Paleon Museum with a great collection of dinosaur bones
- The Glenrock Deer Creek Museum with exhibits of local history
- Our recently renovated library and community hall
- The Rec Center, which features:
- A Pool with:
- Open Swim
- Swim Lessons
- Workout Area
- Tanning Bed
- Basketball Court
- And many other activities
- A Pool with:
We’ll make sure your family has plenty of indoor activities to occupy your time. Book your day by calling us at 307-436-5652.
Enjoy Nature Your Way
Being directly between the mountains and a local creek makes Glenrock a great place for outdoor activities. If you love the sights and sounds of nature, consider…
- Hunting at nearby management areas and private preserves.
- Visiting one of our six parks that are free for everyone to use.
- Stopping by the Glenrock Golf Course for a round or two.
- Splashing around at the Town Square Splash Pad.
- Hiking the trail at the Fort Fetterman historic site.
- Hiking the Duncan trail.
- Visiting the Converse County Park.
- There is a bike/walking path between Town Square and City Park. It even features a story along the way. There are also exercise stations along the way!
Find the outdoor activities you love by contacting us today.